Hello game changers, solution-oriented drivers and creative minds – we are looking for you!
Our team is inclusive, open and quick to act. By working together to become our best, we push the boundaries of what’s technologically possible. Our goal is as simple as this: providing an inventive, fresh approach to meeting industry change.
We hold our values high every step of the way. So, if you are curious about our work, courageous in dealing with challenges, committed to driving data intelligence forward and if a successful collaboration with colleagues and customers is vital to you, we can’t wait to welcome you at OMNETRIC!
As Solution Engineer for Big Data your focus is on designing, developing, testing and releasing applications to process or operate on mass data. You will apply your expertise in various customer projects in Europe with focus on Germany. You will be a part of our team of big data experts.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for implementing, optimizing and testing data pipelines focusing on streaming data as well as implementing and testing customer specific data analysis applications based on big data technology frameworks and tools.
- You will focus on eliciting customer requirements.
- You will be involved in translating those requirements into technical designs.
- You will develop data set processes for data modelling, mining and production.
- You will employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to integrate data from different source systems.
- You will document and present your daily work internally and externally.
- You will be able to build your experience and skills in our international projects.
- You have a higher technical degree from a University or University of Applied Sciences in IT or equivalent academic education.
- You have worked with data bases – SQL, NoSQL and parallel processing is not new to you.
- You are familiar working with or eager to learn about ETL, Data Integration processes and technologies, streaming technologies and toolsets from the open source Hadoop community.
- Previous experience with Apache Spark, Scala, Python, Apache NiFi and Talend is a plus.
- You are proud of sharing your knowledge with colleagues.
- You enjoy working in a virtual and dynamic environment.
- You will be happy to become a hands-on team player to get things done and are excited about continuous learning.
- You are fluent in English, German skills are a plus.
- You are self-confident in communicating and presenting decisions.
- You are ready to travel the world.
- Realize your ideas and grow personally in a digital and international environment.
- Become a part of a diverse, open-minded and dynamic start-up community while enjoying the network of a Siemens company.
- Draw a competitive and performance-oriented salary and bonus.
- Benefit from attractive training programs and systematical support of expert development.
- Enjoy flexible and remote working hours.